Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Thing #4

Okay, I made the avatar and finally got it posted. There were a lot of images to look at, and it was way too much trouble to create my altar ego. So the regular Retired Librarian is pictured, rather than the one I'd like to be. Kind of like Clark Kent and Superman. Unfortunately, there were no gray-haired avatars and I chose not to look at the plus sizes. Then I got the blog registered at Library2Play (I hope) and the day is shot. Now I have to do all the stuff I planned to do today! It was interesting, though. The next thing to do is play with Flickr, which I've done a little bit before. And I saw a new gadget for your digital camera on a TV piece about best electronic gifts for Christmas. It's a wireless memory card called an Eye-Fi. All you have to do after you've set it up is take pictures, then turn on the camera when you get back to your home computer, and it will transfer your pictures directly to your computer and/or a service like Flickr. That sounds good but it's probably not as easy as they say. It's $99.

3 comments:

VWB said...

I got a new gadget for photos as well that I have not seen before..I think it will be helpful, once I understand how to use it!
BTW, there are some grey haired choices for avatars...not many, but if it is available as a choice there will be a series of buttons to the right of the "head" showing brown, black, red, grey...I know because mine is grey!

Retired Librarian said...

Oh - I didn't see the grey ones. I saw black, brown, red, and blonde. I thought about posing as a blonde.

Barry said...

Thanks for learning with us.

Now we can explore the thought of which is easier, changing ourselves or changing our avatars!